When it comes to protecting and nourishing dry, brittle hair, hot oil treatments are a popular option.
Made from plant-based oils, like olive, almond, and coconut oil, hot oil treatments work by sealing the hair cuticle. This can help to strengthen and protect your hair.
And the best part? You can do it in the comfort of your own home!
Benefits Of Hot Oil Hair Massage
- increased hair strength
- reduced dryness of both the scalp and hair
- reduced frizziness
- fewer split ends
- increased blood flow in the scalp, which will help promote healthier hair and prevent dandruff
How To Prepare A Hot Oil Massage
What you will need:
- The oil that you will be using to massage
- A bowl
- A saucepan
- Shower Cap
- Pour some oil into a heat resistant bowl and place the bowl in the centre of the saucepan filled with water. Make sure no water can get into the bowl.
- Heat the oil, be sure to keep a close eye on it, so that it is warm to the touch but not too hot that you burn your fingers while applying the oil to your scalp.
- Apply the oil to your scalp with your fingertips making sure to cover the entire area.
- Cover the length of your hair with the remaining hot oil.
- After you are done, start massaging the scalp in circular motions with a little bit of pressure.
- Cover the hair with a shower cap to avoid messiness and leave it on for an hour.
- After one hour, wash your hair with your regular shampoo and condition.
And Voila! Soft, luscious locks at your fingertips.